Friday, July 29, 2011

Shelter from the Storm

My few loyal readers may have noticed that I’ve sort of fallen off the wagon in terms of tracking my marathon training. I’ve been very busy, but I have been running. However, instead of boring you with a list of my workouts I’ll just share one great one:

Last Friday I left work at three and rushed home to meet my father. We ate some toast with pb and honey and headed out for a fifteen miler sans Garmin. (I’d forgotten to recharge the battery and hey, I know the route already.) My dad wore his stopwatch, but we really didn’t worry about time. We just ran and talked about family and marathons and my favorite or least favorite parts of my route. We slowed down a few times, but we never stopped, we just ran along the port of Barcelona, together. And about 2 hours in, my dad finally said what I needed to hear, “if you can do this run, you´re gonna be fine in the marathon.”

5 comments:

  1. I love that you and your dad run together! It sounds like a great run and a great way to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. If you have been able to finish 15 miles,the marathon is only a piece of cake.
    Family help.
    It is very good that your father is still in good shape to finish 15 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you can! And you'll do great! So nice to have to dad to run with! And so nice for him to so believe in you... it's priceless!
    You're doing a great job and you'll nail that marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to run with dad and having him as a trainer too. If you succeed in running 15 miles under this heat, the marathon is on the corner.
    Hi from the port of Civitavecchia.

    ReplyDelete