Here were my goals for the holiday season:
1. Brave the weather. Yeah, suck it up and run outside in 20-degrees. I'm already shivering. CHECK
2. Stretch and do yoga twice a week. Baby that hip! UH, DIDN'T HAPPEN. I'm Irish, we don't do therapy or yoga over Christmas, instead we fight, and drink, and talk a lot.
3. Maintain my weight. Losing weight will be impossible, I know that, but I'm going to try not to gain. CHECK! BEING SICK THE FIRST FEW DAYS MAY HAVE HELPED OUT.
4. No drinking. I've been drinking less and less lately, but sometimes in Spain one ends up drinking wine to be polite. Wine = empty calories and mindless eating I DRANK, AND IT WAS FUN, WHAT CAN I SAY? NO WINE AT WORK LUNCHES IN 2011?
5. Become a soup master. Yes, I want to make all kinds of soups with all sorts of different winter veggies. I DIDN'T COOK ANY SOUP, BUT I DID GET A GREAT NEW VEG. COOKBOOK