Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sad Scarlett

Remember how I wanted to get a PR this evening for my 10 k race? Well, I never should have written that on the internet! I aimed for a 57:45 finish and got 1:00:03. WTF?!? Back in February, at the very beginning of my half marathon training I did a 10k in 58:45 on a much hillier course. I thought I'd come some far! I thought I could run much faster. Please, please, please tell me this is the heat! Or perhaps running with friend instead of running my own race? Or due to the fact that my I-pod died at km 1? Longer report soon; I'm too disappointed to write about it now.

Better get my ass in gear!

1 comment:

  1. When in doubt, blame it on the heat. That's what I do. :)

    Don't be too hard on yourself. Sh*t races happen. It just makes you work harder for next time.

    ReplyDelete