There were many, but here are a few.
1. January: Starting my new job as a political advisor and getting a half-marathon PR
2. February: Sitting in a packed house while my boss delivered the first BIG speech I’d written
3. March: Enjoying a wonderful, if all too-short, visit from my mom
4. April: Celebrating my birthday in Horta with lots of tapas and wine and a very funny, diverse group of friends
5. May: Discovering our terrace in full bloom and doing a 15-mile hike to Cabrera
6. June: “Working” in Venice
7. July: Running (lots) from the mountain to the sea with my dad in BCN
8. August: Having seven days in paradise, with my family in The Outer Banks
9. September: Running the Sabadell half even though I was exhausted and it was hot and hilly
10. October: Dealing, calmly, with injury
11. November: Finding Pilates
12. December: Celebrating Christmas in Baltimore with all the family and meeting Ruby, pictured above.