I’m swamped with work and life, but getting back on track with running thanks to new routines.
Lately I've been waking up at 6:30 and getting out the door before work so that no matter what happens at the office, I get my run in. Morning running, I've found, has several advantages:
- Only one shower a day
- Fewer slow-moving tourists out and about
- Cooler weather and less humidity
- No late night snacking because I have to hunker down and get to bed!
And a few disadvantages:
- Shorter distances. Due to time constraints I can’t say go for a seven mile run just because I’m feeling good.
- The first mile is slow going because I’m still sort of waking up
- I must drink coffee first but then it makes me so thirsty
My body loves having a routine. I’m getting in bed by 11:30 most nights, which is really excellent for me. And, now I have time at night to take walks with my husband and discover parts of the port of Barcelona I’ve never seen before.