1. Get a direct flight.
2. Read Running & Being on the plane.
3. Drink some red wine halfway through the book (even though Dr Sheehan himself wouldn´t).
4. Sleep the last three hours of the flight.
5. Take the aerobus home, unpack, and then, right when you're about to get all weepy and homesick, go out and run 5 miles. This will keep the sadness at bay a little while longer.
6. At 4 pm, when you’re feeling dangerously nostalgic and drowsy, walk down to the sea and swim out to the buoys. Yes, you´ll still miss your family and the lush greenness of America, but you might just get a good night´s rest.