Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Shoes

I have a little over 500 miles on my ASICS Gel-1140s so it’s time to buy new shoes. I got these 1140s on sale here in Barcelona last February and was planning on just ordering the exact same shoes from Road Runners Sports and have them shipped to my parents’ for my August arrival. That way, I’d benefit from the euro/dollar exchange rate and avoid packing running shoes for my flight stateside. However, last night I saw that the 1140s have been discontinued! Should I just order the new 1150s from RRS or is it best to pay the extra money and purchase the shoes at a local shop, where I can try them on?

Advice and shoe stories appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. You might want to check out ebay for the 1140s first... sometimes you can get discontinued shoes for half-price or better from online merchants trying to liquidate their stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asics has a bad habit of discontinuing my shoes. Bastards. I agree with EZEthan's advice. Also, it might be good to go to a big running store in the states and check out what else is out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always go and try on the 1150's at a local shop and if you like them then order them. Or keep searching for 1140s. Asic upgrades their shoes every year but there usually isn't a drastic change year to year. Always better to be safe though and try the new kind before ordering.

    ReplyDelete